Terms & conditions
Legalex is a tech company, not a law firm.
Legalex does not provide legal advice to the users.
If you agree to this contract, welcome to Legalex!
- Legalex is an web and app based on-demand online platform that facilitates communication between lawyers and potential users of legal services.
- Relationship Between Legalex And User: A Marketplace Platform
Legalex serves as a venue for lawyers and users of legal services to exchange information with the goal of eventually forming a professional relationship or receiving one time legal services, as the case may be. Legalex does not guarantee that Users will successfully find legal representation through this platform. Legalex takes no position and offers no opinion on when or if an attorney-client relationship has been created.
In order to provide an optimal forum for clients and legal professionals, Legalex will never involve itself in the agreements between lawyers and clients or the actual representation of clients. Therefore, Legalex cannot ensure the completion of the agreement or the integrity of either party. The User, and not Legalex, is solely responsible for assessing the integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness of all persons with whom the User communicates on the Service.
- No creation of attorney-client relationship
Any form of use of the Service by an enlisted or subscribed lawyer or potential client is not intended to and will not create an attorney-client relationship between any person or entity and Legalex. Any electronic communication sent to Legalex will not create an attorney-client relationship between the User and Legalex, such being expressly denied.
- Legalex does not verify or vouch for any of its Users
Providing an online venue where potential clients and lawyers can meet does not imply Legalex’s endorsement of any lawyer listed on our platform. Legalex makes no representation concerning an attorney’s qualifications (except that the attorney passed the Philippine bar exams, licensed to practice the law in the Philippines, and is member of good standing in the Integrated Bar of the Philippines at the time of registration), nor does it sanction statements an attorney may publish on the system. Legalex does not screen potential cases, (or otherwise channel potential clients to selected attorneys).
- Legalex does not provide legal advice
Legalex is not a law firm and does not offer legal advice, recommendations, mediation, or counseling under any circumstance. Legalex encourages the User not to accept any information received from any source found on this service, unless it is from an attorney the User has engaged.
- Disclaimer of representations by Users
Legalex makes no representation, guarantee, or warranty (express or implied) as to the legal ability, competence, or quality of representation which may be provided by any of the attorneys and/ or law firms which submit bids and/or are listed through this website, mobile application or any affiliate thereof.
- Community Guidelines
To keep the Services pleasant and useful for all users, it is essential that Users follow the platform’s rules. Legalex reserves the right to deny further access to its service to any User who violates these guidelines, is the subject of complaints by other Legalex Users, for any other reason, or for no reason at all. In posting User Content, you agree that you will not submit any content:
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes anyone’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of privacy;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation, that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing, or advocates or encourages illegal conduct harmful to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- that includes advertisements, spam, or content for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that includes information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, or other contact information;
- that contains any computer virus, worms, or other potentially damaging computer programs or files;
- Information Obtained on the Service
Legalex provides legal professionals and potential clients with a forum that functions as an open market. Legalex is not responsible for the content of materials posted on its Services. The opinions and views expressed are those of the individual Users of the Service and do not reflect those of Legalex. Data submitted by other Users (both attorneys and other users) is not verified or reviewed in any way before it appears on the Legalex Services. Legalex does not warrant the validity or accuracy of any such information. Please use caution and common sense when using this site.Legalex does not continuously review the standing of any attorney subscriber with any regulatory authority. When considering employing any attorney or law firm, Users should check the attorney’s standing with the Philippine bar.
Legalex makes every effort to verify that attorneys who are enlisted to the Service are licensed to practice the law in the Philippines at the time of registration. However, Legalex is unable to track, verify, or monitor the standing of each attorney using the Service. Therefore, Legalex makes no representation regarding the status, standing or ability of any attorney or law firm that submits bids, or is listed through this Web site after the initial registration.
Users are urged to make their own independent investigation and evaluation of any lawyer or firm being considered. The determination of the need for legal services and the choice of legal representation are extremely important decisions and should not be based solely on referrals, claims of expertise, or on the cost of rendering the requested legal services.
Legalex is not responsible for, and in no way endorses, any description or indication of specialization or limitation of practice by an attorney or law firm. Please be aware that no regulatory board may have certified such attorney as a specialist or expert in any indicated field of law practice. In addition, an attorney claiming specialization is not necessarily any more expert or competent than other attorneys. It is up to the User to question the attorneys on the factual basis of any statement they make and verify all information.
Users are encouraged to use caution when reviewing any information submitted by attorneys and other parties. Although Legalex strongly encourages attorneys to comply with all regulations governing attorney ethical conduct, it is impossible for Legalex to monitor members’ integrity or compliance with applicable rules of conduct.
Legalex in no way endorses the content or legality of any responses, statements, or promises made by attorneys or any other parties, on or off the Services.
- Confidentiality of Information Obtained on the Service
Legalex makes every effort to maintain the confidentiality of any information submitted by Users to our System and our database of members. However, because Legalex cannot control the conduct of others, we cannot guarantee that this information will remain confidential. Please use caution in deciding what information to input into the System. Do not make any confessions or admissions. Do not use proper names or addresses. Do not provide any other highly personal, sensitive, or incriminating information. Legalex is not responsible for the release or improper use of such information by other Users or any release due to error or failure in the System.User agrees that attorneys contacted by User through the System may report to Legalex on whether their services were engaged by the User and the total attorney’s fees paid.
Confidentiality of Information Obtained on the Service
The User agrees that Legalex is not responsible for any harm that this service may cause. The User agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Legalex risk-free from and against any and all liability and costs incurred in connection with any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage, and expenses arising from or in connection with the contents or use of the Service. The User agrees that this defense and indemnity shall also apply to any breach by the User of this agreement or the foregoing representations, warranties and covenants. The User further agrees that this defense and indemnity shall include without limitation attorney fees and costs. The User also agrees that this defense and indemnity shall apply to Legalex, its affiliates, directors, officers and employees. Legalex reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by the User and the User shall not in any event settle any matter without the written consent of Legalex.
- Communications and Other DataLegalex is not responsible for any loss of data resulting from accidental or deliberate deletion, network or system outages, file corruption, or any other reasons.
- Other Rights
Legalex also reserves the following rights:
- to terminate or deny service to anyone for any reason or no reason
- Modifactions to Service
- Legalex’s Proprietary Rights
Legalex owns certain things on this system, including the ‘theme’ of the system, the name of the system, and the collective work copyright in sequences of public messages on the system. Users cannot reproduce any message thread from the system, either electronically or in print, without Legalex’s permission and the permission of all participants in the thread. This is not a complete list — other things on the system are also Legalex’s property. Contact Legalex before copying anything from the system with plans of reproducing it or distributing it.The User acknowledges and agrees that content, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, page layout and design, or other material contained in the Service or information presented through the Service is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws. The User acknowledges and agrees that the User is permitted to use this material and information only as expressly authorized by Legalex or its Sponsors, and may not copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, or create derivative works of such content or information without express authorization. The User acknowledges and agrees that Legalex can display images and text throughout the Service
- Warranties and Limitation of Liability
A great threat for Legalex and all operators of online systems is that we might be held accountable for the wrongful actions of our Users. If one User commits libel to another User, the injured User might blame us, even though the User was really at fault. If a User uploads a program with a computer virus, and the other Users’ computers are damaged, we might be accused even though a User left the virus on our System. Suppose a User transmits illegal or improper information to another User. In that case, we might be blamed even though we did nothing more than unknowingly carry the message from one User to another. Accordingly, we need all Users to accept responsibility for their own acts and accept that another User who damages them must not be blamed on us, but only on the other User.Although it is Legalex’s goal to provide Users with a reliable, quality system, we may make mistakes or experience system failure from time to time. Such problems are inevitable in operating a system of this size. We would not be able to make this system available to Users if we had to accept blame or financial liability for any usability problems, system failures or errors, or mistakes or damages of any kind. In order to continue offering and improving our service, Legalex must deny any warranties on this service and insure that our liability for any problems connected with the use of our system is strictly limited. These needs are obtained by the following disclaimers:
- Limitation of Warranties
The user expressly agrees that use of the service is at the user’s sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” basis. Legalex expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Legalex makes no warranty that the service will meet user’s requirements, that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; nor does Legalex make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the service or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the service or that defects in the software will be corrected. Legalex makes no warranty regarding any goods or services purchased or information obtained through the service or any transactions entered into through the service. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by the user from Legalex shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
- Limitation of Liabilities
The user agrees that Legalex shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from the use or the inability to use the service or for cost of procurement of substitute goods and services or resulting from any goods or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service or resulting from unauthorized access to or alteration of user’s transmissions or data, including, but not limited to damages for loss of profits, use, data or other intangibles, even if Legalex has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The user further agrees that Legalex shall not be liable for any damages arising from interruption, suspension or termination of service, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, whether such interruption, suspension or termination was justified or not, negligent or intentional, inadvertent or advertent.
We appreciate your interest and support and we welcome you to our community!
- The owner, company, this application, and its lawyers are not liable for any content and effect of the consultation made between the attorney and user while in this application, more so outside this application.
- The chat and call facility of this application is not a replacement for the traditional consultation and meeting of a lawyer within the traditional offices and facilities to meet and consult with a lawyer.
- Any action on the part of the user made after consultation within the application is his/her sole action and discretion, and the owner, company, this application, and its lawyers are not liable for any actions made by the user.
- The user when agreeing to use this app waives and releases any liability the owner, company, this application, and its lawyers may have in using this application.
- The application is not responsible for times wherein a lawyer may not be available at a given time.
- There may be times a lawyer will need additional time and resources before he/she is able to answer a query by a user.
- Users may use the free content available on the application at their own discretion and the owner, company, this application, and its lawyers are not liable for any action the user will make after using the free content of the application.
- Users opting to communicate with an available lawyer either through the chat or call services of the application will be charged the applicable fees, after the transaction, using the payment facilities available in the application.
- Users opting to use the chat inquiry service of the application expressly understands that the service is a one-time reply service and that any further questions shall not be entertained, nor is there any fault or liability on the part of the answering lawyer, the company, the application and it’s own if the answer does not satisfy the user.
- Users opting to purchase templates of the basic legal documents available for purchase and download within the application shall not use the same for any other commercial purposes, and may only be used for personal purposes. Likewise, the documents are only in template form and shall be filled-up manually by the user, when using the said template.
- The lawyers using this application may give their numbers or email addresses to the users and engaging and offering their services to the users outside of this application only after notifying Legalex.
- Any action against the owner, company, this application, and its lawyers shall be filed exclusively in the courts, agencies, and tribunals of City of San Fernando, Pampanga. Further, before any action may be filed against the owner, company, this application, and its lawyers before any courts, agencies or tribunals, mediation, conciliation, and arbitration must be exhausted extensively first to reach an amicable settlement.
- Any action against the owner, company, this application, and its lawyers shall be filed exclusively in the courts, agencies, and tribunals of the City of San Fernando, Pampanga. Further, before any action may be filed against the owner, company, this application, and its lawyers before any courts, agencies or tribunals, mediation, conciliation, and arbitration must be exhausted extensively first to reach an amicable settlement.
- By using the application, the user agrees that the application is only a platform that connects users with its partner lawyers and is no way doing lawyering by itself, and instead it is the partner lawyers themselves who practice lawyering, all within the bounds of professional ethics. Under this premise, the user may not hold the application, the company its owners, and the partner lawyers responsible for practicing the profession of law.